[Gllug] [JOB] - Perl developer in Linux environment

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Fri Nov 10 15:07:31 UTC 2006

On Nov 09, 11:09, Tethys wrote:

> Mike Brodbelt writes:
>
> >My girlfriend's company is looking for a Perl developer (and seemingly
> >having trouble finding one)
>
> Yes, we have the same problem. We're recruiting for a perl and/or
> python developer at the moment[1], and I've been somewhat surprised by
> the lack of interest. Is the IT jobs market really that buoyant at the
> moment?
>
> Tet
>
> [1] http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2006-September/062786.html

There are lots of people with no skills and no experience trying to lie
there way into jobs at the moment.

Our Windows team is trying to recruit a junior and a senior Windows
admin.  We have had no joy at all with the senior position just a lot of
time wasters.  We are now considering getting two enthusastic juniors
and training up the our intermediate admin, though he really was asking
for help.

Same for a recent network admin role lots of people with qualifications
on paper but come to the interview, useless.

I guess quality is always in short supply.

--
Peace Jim :-)

 I can see clearly now, the brain is gone...