[Gllug] Is there any demand for rsync based offsite backup?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Thu Nov 2 10:35:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 10:23 +0000, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> On Thu, November 2, 2006 12:49 am, M.Blackmore wrote:
> >> 'scuse me, any one hear a phone ringing??

> The Matrix" is
> anything other than very recent.

Trouble is now that I just simply can't remember the name of the short
story or who wrote it ... Silverberg? Back in the 50s. The telephone
system became an emergent intelligence, or was that the electric grid,
and it ended with all the phones in the world ringing at once.

Anyone remember? Must be 40 years since I read that story and its one of
the ones which spooked and stuck in memory.