[Gllug] Re: Timeouts in perl

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 14:57:22 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:

> Following on from that assumption - why not use the timeout method
> provided in WWW::Mechanize? I believe it's called timeout.

1. As I explained in the original post, I was trying to write a
generic wrapper around long running operations. Most involve
WWW::Mechanize, but not all. Even if WWW::Mechanize provided a timeout
method (see point 2), it would be the wrong approach, and would only
partially solve the problem.

2. If WWW::Mechanize provides a timeout method, it would have been
helpful to have mentioned it in the documentation. Or am I just
supposed to mystically know these things somehow?

man WWW::Mechanize | grep -i timeout

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk