[Gllug] C/C++ mentor

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 23:41:24 UTC 2006

salsaman wrote:

> It depends what you are doing with libglade.
>
> One project I know of, veejay-ng uses libglade to create all its
> interfaces on the fly.
>
> The veejay client sends messages to the veejay server, which creates an
> xml file and passes it to libglade, which then renders the interface.
> This makes the application very flexible.

That's quite cool, and the app looks like it has a fairly complex
interface. Admittedly, it's been a while since I looked at Glade, so
maybe it's got better. As Dan pointed out as well, perhaps I'm overly
pessimistic about Glade. Write it off to the fact that I come out in
hives whenever GNOME people get all excited about the next nameless XML
repository of undocumented configuration information....

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk