[Gllug] I couldn't resist

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 28 07:30:53 UTC 2006

On 27 Nov 2006, Christopher Hunter uttered the following:
> I found this amazing:
>
> http://www.drizzle.com/~lettvin/2006/11/windows-shutdown-crapfest.html

Yes, eye-opening. Joel's original post is quite something, too. (I mean,
I *am* a geek, and I don't know if there's a difference between
`suspend' and `hibernate': they're synonyms! Perhaps one now means
`suspend to RAM' and the other `suspend to disk', but that choice is
arbitrary, and I don't know which MS chose. I can't see how users would
know, either, and I can't imagine why anyone would want to choose
differently on every other shutdown. This should be a global config
option. Sheesh.)

--
`The main high-level difference between Emacs and (say) UNIX, Windows,
 or BeOS... is that Emacs boots quicker.' --- PdS