[Gllug] mail2web.com and similar ways of reading POP or IMAP

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Mon Nov 20 22:17:51 UTC 2006

Andrew Black wrote:
> Hi there
> For some time I have been using mail2web.com for the rare times I have
> neither got access to an IMAP client nor can SSH to the server hosting
> my mail.

We used to use this service and whilst it works it does have issues
sending mail to your own domain. That is to say it refuses to do so!

We found that http://www.e-mailanywhere.com works better but it does
have more annoying adverts - resolved if you use Firefox/Mozilla and
AdBlock of course.

Not that this reolves the issue of mail2web support people being
uninterested in sorting their problems out of course.

HTH
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk