[Gllug] Tagging files on the command line?

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 18 19:26:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:03:16 +0000 Tom Schutzer-Weissmann
<tom at schutzer-weissmann.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good way to tag files (and then locate them by
> tags), preferably one that'll let me do it on the command line?
>
> So far I've come across something called leaftag but it's a desktop
> thing and I tend to spend most of my time in a shell.

I had a look at the leaftag home page, and I came across this
description of one of its components:

"tagutils is the primary way of tagging files from the command line. It
can tag, untag, display a list of known tags, manipulate tag
properties, and show files belonging to a tag."

Are you sure leaftag wouldn't fit your purposes?

--
 All the best,
 John