[Gllug] C/C++ mentor

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Tue Nov 28 20:17:18 UTC 2006

On 28/11/06, TreeBoy <gllug at petethetree.co.uk> wrote:
> Inevitably, you find some code in an office environment that was a quick hack
> to solve an immediate problem and so was not designed for maintainability.

IMO, it's not just that.  The problem I see is that there are too many
ways to do things in perl.  Different people use different subsets of
the language, meaning that to maintain any arbitrary perl code, you
need to grok *everything* the language has to offer, which is a very
large amount.  C++ suffers from this as well IMO, although there is a
bit less to learn.

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk