[Gllug] Is there any demand for rsync based offsite backup?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 23:29:09 UTC 2006

On Wed 01 Nov, Rich Walker wrote:
> John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> writes:
>

> > Strangely enough, I was on a bike ride in Essex on Sunday, and mentioned the Secret
> Bunker. Someone
> > said a similar bunker is up for sale at the moment.

   There was one built within the training centre we were sent to just west
of Evesham, and I heard there was one close to Evesham up for sale. It was
dug many storeys into the ground, and the concrete was a single pour over a
bank holiday weekend. No secret, the Russians were given a guided tour some
years ago. It might be a little damp inside.

> Unless you can get data usefully onto clay tablets, or maybe ceramics...

   Holograms burnt into glass? Keep the instructions on how to build the
hardware in case the only expert dies young.

--
Chris Bell