[Gllug] C/C++ mentor

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 19:52:22 UTC 2006

salsaman wrote:

> However, libglade itself is quite nice - the recommended method now is
> to generate interfaces using xml and libglade.

Of course that means your app depends on libglade, and has to pull in an
XML parser every time it starts up. I can't help but think that this
approach contributes to bloat, and a little careful coding time at the
outset could save a lot of resources. Also ISTR last time I looked at
Glade that there are a number of things that can be done with the widget
set, but can't be done with Glade.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk