[Gllug] SwitchedOnUK

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 21:27:49 UTC 2006

On 15 Nov 2006, at 21:17, Chris Bell wrote:

> Hello,
>    I have tried to get some sense out of a site provided by BT called
>
> http://www.switchedonuk.org
>
> which claims to be about future BT upgrades. I have never before
> seen so
> many pages with so little information about what they are about. Is it
> supposed to be a change to IPv6, or ADSL2, or...??? Or is it just an
> internal BT equipment upgrade?

It's their - this is why we're switching our entire TDM network over
to IP based technologies - website.

You may have seen the 21st Century Network being mentionned in
places. This is BT's official customer facing site for it.

www.samknows.com has a nice map displaying when sites are likely to
migrate.

M at t :o)

--