[Gllug] VACANCY: System Administrator, Old Street, London, Min Salary £30k

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 20:22:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

As was pointed out, that was a minimum, and a very conservative one at
that. We are prepared to offer *significantly* more for the right
person. I realise I made an error in my original post, but let's not be
pedantic. People need jobs, and if they can get one doing something they
like, isn't that a bonus?

In my (almost) 7 years with this company I've gained a huge amount of
practical experience, especially of working with non-IT departments and
fostering useful communication. I just wanted to find an enthusiastic
and capable person. I'd like very much to have someone like that sitting
next to me.

Maybe I'm just getting older and my brain is going mushy, but I was
always told to do the things you like, be yourself, and the
money/love/friendship will sort itself out in the end. Maybe I'm naive,
but I think that attitude got me both a wife and a proper job 7 years
ago.

I do agree that London is absurd though. Even if I get a 15% raise this
year, I still can't see me buying a house near where I rent now. Pfft...

Cheers

Alex