[Gllug] SwitchedOnUK

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 22:50:21 UTC 2006

>  If they said that analogue equipment would
> no longer be usable, or I will be able to (or must) use digital phones, the
> website might be useful.

This won't happen for *years*. BT still are required to provide
emergency service on their lines. This must support the lowest common
demoninator, eg an analog handset powered from the network.

However, since they have the copper and the voltages already
established, and in the US there are new requirements for VOIP providers
to provide 911 service (ie direct automatically to nearest response
centre, which will cost them and us loads), which will probably (sigh)
get copied in the UK, they are still sitting pretty. I wouldn't expect
the service on your copper tail to change.

Remember DACS? It could even get worse.

Cheers

Alex

--

This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 1200