[Gllug] Some good news - copyright on sound recordings not to be extended

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Nov 30 10:32:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Alain Williams wrote:

> > Does the parent who dies without holding a lucrative copyright receive
> > some particular state monopoly to enable this?
> >
> > If not why should someone else just because they own, and have benefited
> > from, a copyright?
>
> If I work hard, or am lucky, I can make lots of $$ and benefit from that.
>
> By your logic: If I don't work then the state will give me lots of $$.

Not at all. My question was to expose the stupidity of a system that
carries copyright through to a 3rd or 4th generation. Even the 2nd
generation has not inherent right to income from their parents labours
other than what their parents had already earned and bequethed to them in
my view.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98