[Gllug] [JOB] - Perl developer in Linux environment

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Nov 10 20:41:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, paul at ma1.se wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken IR35 only applies if your are just tied to one "job"
> or "customer" who is in fact your "employer." If you are a genuine
> freelancer with a range of customers and contracts then it doesn't apply.

You're wrong. You are under IR35 if the inland revenue say you are and
the definitions are so vague that it's down to the individual inspector to
decide and most of them are clueless idiots who incorrectly apply the
rules on just about everything.

Just having more than one income source is not protection against IR35.

If your contracts are the usual type - ie you are not on a piece work
contract - you are likely to be considered as under IR35 by my
understanding.

I thought about doing some contracting earlier in the year but it's too
much hassle and I don't want the money enough to do it.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98