[Gllug] RS-232 temperature reader and feeder into a web page

MJ mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 14:04:25 UTC 2006

Hi

I understand there was a project done that uses one of these circuits
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&DOY=9m11&ModuleNo=2886&criteria=
or similar?
In order to monitor system (inside server or a PC) and hosting environment
temperature. This is soldered to an USB or maybe RS-232 is ok via a wire.
Perl script reads measurements from RS-232 into a webpage. Help as I have
no been able to find the best search parameters to Google.

It works on a principle of USB IDE disk but instead a disk a sensor is soldered on.

 Thanks
--
mj

      Dr Martin L. King: "I JUST WANNA DO GOD'S WILL!"
       "The label on the PC said suitable for Windows
          9x, 2000 or better. So, I loaded Linux !"
                   - et cetera ad nauseam

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi at gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk