[Gllug] Getting technical about email

Julian Somers lists at bigpip.com
Fri Nov 10 13:50:08 UTC 2006

On 23:06 Thu 09 Nov     , Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Rich Walker wrote:
> > and you've got an internet server. Runs quite happily on a Via 600MHz
>
> Heh - mine runs on a 600Mhz EPIA PD board. They're very nice bits of kit.

They don't make the PD any more -- not RoHS. Superceded by EPIA-EK. The
fanless one is 800MHz; there is a 1GHz one as well, which I run without
a fan (using a wall wart power supply to keep the heat from the PSU out
of the box, and a laptop drive).
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=420

> > and then either horde or twig or something for webmail
>
> Try Roundcube - http://www.roundcube.net/. It looks very slick.
>
> > The imap3 will,
>
> IMAP4 I'd hope :-)
>
> > as everyone says, mean you can read your mail from Emacs[1]
>
> Oh dear. One of those :-))
>
> Mike
> --

Julian Somers