[Gllug] VACANCY: System Administrator, Old Street, London

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:21:37 UTC 2006

On 15/11/06, Alex Crow <acrow at integrafin.co.uk> wrote:
> >    * Minimum salary.
>
> Sorry about the salary, my company doesn't generally advertise this on
> vacancies as we conduct preliminary telephone interviews to determine
> expectations.
>
> I think I can say that the salary would be of the appropriate level
> related to national averages and experiece.
>
> Apologies again, and good luck to any applicants.

Still not personal, I'm still in a bad mood - for other reasons - and
this still isn't the right answer.

Sorry - again, that's the whole point of the posting policy.  I know
as well as you do that most companies don't choose to advertise their
salaries, but the thing is that this list is techie-friendly, not
company-friendly, and I'd like to see more power given from companies
to applicants up front.  If you choose not to follow the policy, you
may not post your ads on this list.  It may be that a large majority
of the people on this list are quite happy applying for jobs where the
salary information isn't made public in advance, in which case maybe
the policy should be changed, but at the moment it's pretty clear.

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk