[Gllug] Any bind experts?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 23:51:42 UTC 2006

On Thu 02 Nov, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:

> I don't understand why my server fails on its own... :-/
>
> Ben

   I am using BIND9 on Debian Sarge, and have the zone data files plus

/etc/bind/named.conf which lists zones and their related data files with
authority information

/etc/bind/named.conf/local which includes access permission lists for the
data files

/etc/bind/named.conf/options which adds further details to access control
lists and options as well as lists of forwarders

/etc/bind/zones.rfc1918 which points queries for the unused majority of
rfc1918 listed zones at /etc/bind/db.empty

   There are many possibilities in there, and I found plenty of information
in /usr/share/doc/bind9 and /usr/share/doc/bind9.doc

--
Chris Bell