[Gllug] Fwd: [opensuse] Invitation to OpenSUSE developers

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 20:30:20 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 20:08, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> It'd also be neat if they didn't in any way relate themselves to the
> Debian project. Frankly, imho, we don't need, or deserve, the bad press.

At the moment I'm in agreement with a post that has been made in that Mr
Shuttleworth has shown little regard for the Suse community at a difficult
time.

Members are still licking their wounds in respect of the recent MS/Novell deal
the community unity is in disarray and tempers are only just starting to calm
down and yet now is the time he decides to make an attempt to poach some of
opensuse's developers.

Its the insensitivity and bare faced cheek that has got up my nose all
disguised in a very thin veil of "I'm a really good guy why not come and join
me".

Good guys don't kick a man when he's down.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
MSN:peter at cannon-linux.co.uk