[Gllug] Exchange equivalents on Linux

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Sun Nov 5 21:10:01 UTC 2006

On Nov 03, 11:01, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Jim Bailey wrote:
>
> > Currently looking at Zimbra which has a good basic support for free and
> > seems to offer some nice "enterprise features" on a per seat license.
>
> I looked at Zimbra before but it's not reasonable for an ISP to use as it
> has client side minimum requirements and ISPs can/should not impose such
> in my view.

I agree with you for genral ISP use, however as a premuim service if you
do it across a HA cluster and offer an SLA it has potential.  It would
also make it quite a useful service for small businesses since the
minimum 25 seat license makes it too steep for the 5-15 man offices, of
which there quite a few.  An ISP or Hosting Company offering such a
service would be quite useful.

I didn't think Mike was an ISP or hosting outfit.

--
Peace Jim :-)

 Why use a JPEG for the listings instead of text?
 Because I want precise control over the layout. And because it seriously
 annoys "real ale" Internet users who do all their browsing on text-based
 hand-held calculators, and that arouses me.
 --http://www.tvgohome.com/faq.html