[Gllug] Getting technical about email

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Nov 10 09:17:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 12:49:42AM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> "Daniel P. Berrange" writes:
>
> >You want to be using Fedora really ;-P Just install the XXX-debuginfo
> >sub-RPMs for the package in question & any libraries it uses which you're
> >interested in. Then 'gdb' against the process in question will give
> >you the full stack traces with no need to re-compile anything...
>
> See, that's one of the reasons I'm still using Fedora. They get a lot
> of things right, probably more than any other distribution.

One annoyance of Debian (there aren't that many) is their insistance
on stripping executables and libraries before installation.  It's even
policy[1].  Why?  To save valuable disk space on my 160 GB disk for
more unread files in /usr/share/doc?

Rich.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html

--