[Gllug] Debian: Help with problems cleaning up consequences of an extended 'duh' moment...

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Wed Nov 8 13:41:16 UTC 2006

On Nov 08, 12:26, James Roberts wrote:

> >ker:~# apt-get -f remove webmin
> >
> >Reading Package Lists... Done
> >Building Dependency Tree... Done
> >The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >  webmin webmin-core
> >0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> >1 not fully installed or removed.
> >Need to get 0B of archives.
> >After unpacking 16.0MB disk space will be freed.
> >Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> >(Reading database ... 22208 files and directories currently installed.)
> >Removing webmin-core ...
> >/etc/webmin/webmin.acl: No such file or directory
> >dpkg: error processing webmin-core (--remove):
> > subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
> >/etc/webmin/webmin.acl: No such file or directory
> >dpkg: error while cleaning up:
> > subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
> >Removing webmin ...
> >Errors were encountered while processing:
> > webmin-core
> >E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> >ker:~#

You might try editing the post/pre install script to hard code in return
0.  It worked for me a borked mldonkey install in Ubuntu.

I got the tip from "The Debian System" a great book that I have learnt a
huge amount from including pinning which is something you need to do
once you have fixed this.

http://debiansystem.info/

--
Peace Jim :-)

 46. A healthy intranet organizes workers in many meanings of the word.
 Its effect is more radical than the agenda of any union.
 --http://www.cluetrain.com/