[Gllug] Christmas GLLUG do?

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:36:06 UTC 2006

On 14/11/06, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> - Tethys wrote:
> > On 11/14/06, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Well, we can always talk about Linux!
> >
> > Yes, but it was you that said "maybe we can drag SO's over with us.
> > Lets keep it completely non Technical."
>
> ok, change in plan - lets leave SO out!
>
> >> also, are people actually interested in getting together over a meal or
> >> not ?
> >
> > Seems like a decent enough idea to me.
>
> lets pick some potential dates then, shall we.
>
> how about Wed 15th Dec ?
>
> Do we have a venue in mind ? Is there a food preference ?

Could I suggest somewhere cheap(ish)? I still haven't recovered from the
£3.50+ a pint in the Green Man on Saturday..

I think a meeting with people's wives/husbands/*friends and nothing
technical would be a bit bizarre. I've no desire to talk about the weather,
or whatever rubbish people have been watching on TV. The whole point is to
geek really, I can meet normal people anytime..

Caroline