[Gllug] Was: VACANCY: System Administrator, Old Street, London, Min Salary ?30k

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 24 01:01:38 UTC 2006

On 23 Nov 2006, Tethys outgrape:
> Nix writes:
>>On 17 Nov 2006, David Damerell outgrape:
>>>                                            once of the Harkers
>>
>>How many are there? I know of only one...
>
> Two that I know of: Jonathan and Stephen. From memory, Jonathan threw his
> toys out of the pram and left the list a few years ago. I can't remember
> what it was about now, but ISTR it was over something fairly trivial.

Oh yes, I recall. (However, it was long enough ago that my BBDB doesn't.)

IIRC it was regarding some flamewar over something completely petty
(emacs versus vi, say, when everyone *knows* that there's only one right
answer!)

--
`The main high-level difference between Emacs and (say) UNIX, Windows,
 or BeOS... is that Emacs boots quicker.' --- PdS