[Gllug] BBC and acorn bits

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 17:20:44 UTC 2006

- Tethys wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Adrian McMenamin <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info> wrote:
>
>> 6502 crap. Real game programers wrote in Z80 machine code
>
> I'd have to disagree there. 6502/6510 is a beautiful chip to work with.

<AOL>  I cut my assembler teeth on the Z80 and couldn't believe how much
nicer the 6502 was when I switched to that.  The Z80 looks attractive
initially because of the number of registers, the number of instructions
and the clock speed, but when you actually try producing lean mean and
clean code the 6502 beats it hands down.  It also produces significantly
better performance from lower clock speeds.  A sort of proto-RISC chip.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk