[Gllug] Re: Timeouts in perl

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Mon Nov 6 14:04:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 01:50:28PM +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Have you emailed petdance (the author) about this - I can't see any
> reference to it in rt.cpan.org so you haven't registered it as a bug.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit.

Most people assume that something not working is their own fault before
assuming the module contains a bug. Horses not Zebras. If it was me I'd
ask on a mailing list before emailing the author. Which Tethys did.

> You could also email the relevent mailing list rather than a generic
> lug in london that the author isn't subscribed to :
> http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=83309 I don't see any posts from
> you on that either.

I'd guess it's a convenience thing. We've got a small number of perl
people onlist and a lot of people that've done bits of perl so it's a
reasonable place to raise a question. And the advantage of GLLUG is we're
already subscribed.

> Obviously this is assuming you have any interest in solving the
> problem rather than just bitching about a language you barely know.

That'll help.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand