[Gllug] Getting technical about email

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 00:49:42 UTC 2006

"Daniel P. Berrange" writes:

>You want to be using Fedora really ;-P Just install the XXX-debuginfo
>sub-RPMs for the package in question & any libraries it uses which you're
>interested in. Then 'gdb' against the process in question will give
>you the full stack traces with no need to re-compile anything...

See, that's one of the reasons I'm still using Fedora. They get a lot
of things right, probably more than any other distribution. That said,
FC6 is *really* trying my patience, and I suspect it's gone beyond the
point of no return, and I'll need to find a new distribution before
too long :-( The biggest problem is finding one that doesn't share the
same obsession with turning Linux into Windows (that is, a single user,
desktop centric OS -- it might be fine for Joe Public, but it sucks for
me).

Tet