[Gllug] Debian: Help with problems cleaning up consequences of an extended 'duh' moment...

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Wed Nov 8 23:28:17 UTC 2006

>> You might try editing the post/pre install script to hard code in return
>> 0.  It worked for me a borked mldonkey install in Ubuntu.
>
> I had a similar one yesterday, installing a Brother 2030 laser printer
> on Ubuntu Edgy.
> To get it ti de-install the fix was to create and empty /etc/init.d/lpd
> which simply runs exit 0

I tried this before but it did not work, so I gave up.

In the end the cure was to touch all the files it complained were
missing and magically it fixed itself - I gave up too early.

 >> I got the tip from "The Debian System" a great book...

My 'duh' moment was a long one :(

I have this on my shelf, have read it, used it - and did not think of
consulting it :-((

Duh++ (or Duh#)

Thanks to all for the help.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk