[Gllug] Thinkpad T20

Mori Sugimoto foss at diasporan.net
Mon Oct 23 23:42:10 UTC 2006

I have X22 and experienced similar problems. The gauge does not seem to
go crazy every once in a while. Sometimes the gauge showed that I have
only 3% left although it showed 5mins ago that the battery was fully
charged.

When odd things like this happen, what I do is to
1) fully discharge the battery
2) shutdown the PC and take the battery out
3) unplug the PC for few minutes
4) then attach the battery and fully recharge it (I turn the PC back on
as I recharge, but it does not seem to impact rectification).

If you have Windows and Lenovo Battery Maximiser installed, you will
find tips on how to treat your battery in application's help. It might
even come with a tool that initialises your battery (mine doesn't, but
some model seems to support the functionality).

I have never tried the method you mentioned, but sticking your battery
in the fridge makes sense, as battery discharges at low temperature.
However, when you 'defrost' your battery, make sure you put it in
ziplock or wrap it around with a plastic wrap to avoid condensation.
Attaching the ice-cold battery to your PC may not be a good idea.

mori

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk