[Gllug] Anyone used Amazon EC2 Elastic Compute Cloud (grid computing type thingy)?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 15:14:15 UTC 2006

Richard Jones writes:

>We're looking to rent supercomputers for serious number crunching.

Don't know if it's still an issue, but we played around with EC2
a while back, and found out that they don't wipe the disk between
customers. They merely rebuild the filesystem. That meant we could
look at /dev/sda, and see data from previous users of the system.
Not a huge issue for us, as we don't have any data that would be
particularly meaningful for anyone else, but it could be a major
problem for others.

Tet