[Gllug] Fedora 6 out at 14:00

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Oct 24 08:54:21 UTC 2006

Tethys wrote:

> Much as I love Fedora[1], I feel I have to correct you here. You're
> being too generous. Fedora is only supported for 1.9 releases. They
> initially said they were going to support it for 2 releases, but in
> practice, they drop support just before the release of a new version,
> so it's not possible to skip a release without having a small window
> of unsupportedness.
That's just happened to me. I only run Fedora on my laptop, and decided
to skip FC5. FC4 has now gone legacy.

> Agreed. CentOS is (we had to switch to CentOS after having too many
> problems with Debian[1]).
We go for SuSE/SLES or RHEL, depending on customer requirements.
Also have quite a few clusters with Scientific Linux, which is along the
same lines as CentOS but produced by Fermilab and CERN.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk