[Gllug] Trouble with MythTV and tv_grab_uk_rt

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Fri Oct 6 02:42:33 UTC 2006

On 02/10/06, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone on this list use MythTV and tv_grab_uk_rt to get your TV
> listings?  If so, have you had any difficulty with it in the last few
> days?  I have two MythTV boxes and they've both started to fail to get
> listings.  Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had the same problem, but I actually wrote my own tv_grab_uk_pdr[1] a
few years ago since that one used to do a screen scrape and was very slow.
The more recent versions use the same method as me now, which is to grab the
raw data from:

http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/${channum}.dat

which used to provide a csv-type file, but unfortunately is now protected by
basic auth.  So I guess it's going to have to be back to the screen scraping
version! :-)

HTH,
Pete

[1] http://pdr.cx/projects/tv_grab_uk_pdr/