[Gllug] "sda: unknown partition table" - USB flash disk scuppered?

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Sat Oct 21 09:18:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 05:43:10PM +0100, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:

> Is it physically scuppered, or is the problem data corruption, and
> fixable?

I'd be looking at recovering all the data using PhotoRec (yes, it does
lots of types of files, not just photos) which you can download from
http://www.cgsecurity.org/ or should be packaged for your distro already
I'd imagine. I had great success with this on a win 98 machine with a
dying hard disk (the owners were more amazed that I got back some files
they'd accidentaly deleted over a year previously and thought were
gone).

After using this you could just try zero'ing the partition table and
repartitioning.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
Avoid ID cards, renew your passport: http://www.renewforfreedom.org/