[Gllug] Open Source lobbying meeting - UKUUG London Thurs 19th

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Sat Oct 14 23:15:12 UTC 2006

* Christopher Hunter <chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk> [061014 19:45]:
> On Saturday 14 Oct 2006 17:18, Jack Bertram wrote:
> > Until you provide evidence, this is tosh.
>
> I can (privately) provide you with all the evidence you could ever possibly
> require.  I did a LOT of research when I returned to the UK, to assist a
> journalist friend who'd been investigating government contract corruption for
> many years.  Over the years, we could find NO government contracts untainted
> by some form of underhand dealing.

Without wishing to get into an argument (I have no facts, beyond
some knowledge of government tendering processes), it's just not
possible to assert that "no government contracts are untainted".  While
you've qualified it this time by saying you couldn't find any, rather
than that there were none, how many have you investigated?  What
proportion does that make of all contracts?  If you've got good
evidence, why haven't you presented it to a court of law?

Perhaps I'm naive.