[Gllug] Fedora 6 out at 14:00

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 08:28:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:23:32AM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I used to use Fedora, but I had so many problems with FC4 I gave up. Only
> switched off my last Fedora box on Saturday though, as I had one running
> Xen for about six months...but I am afraid I have defeected to the
> Apt-Side

Fedora is OK if you want something that runs up_to_date/recent_versions of packages.
It is leading edge, so you have to expect that there will be problems and lots
of updates.

I cannot understand the people who run production servers on Fedora:
* It is a testing ground - problems are expected
* It is only supported for about 3 years from first release to entering
  fedora legacy (which is not always that hot on updates)

What you want for production servers is something that is boring,
it doesn't change and just works. Fedora isn't that.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>