[Gllug] Problem with Qt

Mori Sugimoto foss at diasporan.net
Mon Oct 23 00:27:40 UTC 2006

I'm trying to install a KDE window decoration, but I'm having a
problem with ./configure.

When I run ./configure, I get the following message:

"checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0 and < 4.0) (headers
and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log."

I ran aptitude and installed the following packages:
  libqt3c102
  libqt3c102-mt
(I could not find any other packages that seemed relevant)

But I still get the same message as I ran ./configure, so I tried:
# ./configure -with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3/
# ./configure -with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3/plugins
# ./configure -with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/kde3/plugins

However, none of them worked and I still got the same error message.

I also looked at the end of config.log (attached), but I did not find it
very informative.

I'm stuck and cannot find any solution by googling either. Could anyone
please help me / point me to a reference?

Additional info:

  PC: IBM X22
  OS: Debian Sarge
  Kernel: 2.6.8-3-386