[Gllug] Thinkpad T20

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 16:06:06 UTC 2006

I've another problem - not connected to my battery. There
have been no digests forwarded to me for about four days,
and I did not know four people had responded to my cry for
help. Is there any reason digests are not being sent - I
have certainly not unsubscribed?

John Winters said:-

"I would read that as meaning that the battery will take
longer to charge if you're using the machine than if it's
switched off whilst the battery charges".

John, how do I get the battery to charge when the machine
is switched off?

Martin A. Brooks, you've frightened me to death but with
great finesse. However, message understood.

Yesterday, I tried to charge the replacement battery, but
it stopped at 67% charged. I used the laptop for some 12
minutes and the charge dropped to 60% so that doesn't seem
out of the way. Any ideas why charging stopped at 67%? Have
I encountered this dreaded memory problem? I've seen lots of
advice on how to get a battery to fully charge, but some
seen strange to me - one says 'fully discharge' (and there
seem dozens of ways to achieve this) and then put the thing
in the freezer overnight.

Thanks to all who responded.

Cheers,

John.