[Gllug] Avoiding Evolution Crashes

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Mon Oct 2 10:35:29 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am using Evolution to connect to the exchange Server at work and I am
getting random crashes and lockups that can only be fixed with a Ctl Alt
Backspace.  I have just lost half an hour of work and it is not the
first time. :(

Anyone got any tip or experiences of Evolution with exchange and how to
minimise these crashes.

Can anyone recomend a lightweight method debugging the damn thing so
maybe I can feed some useful info to the Gnome Ubuntu people to get the
thing fixed upstream.

My own preffered method for the last 4 years has been mutt over ssh but
it just would be practical here.  Though to be honest I find the whole
GUI eamil client thing an abomination against man and nature. ;)

No changing to $unix_smtpd is not an option the company works on XP,
Exchange and Outlook they are not about to change it for me. :|

--
Peace Jim :-)

 Without going outside, you may know the whole world.
 --Lao Tzu

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk