[Gllug] Advertising the next GLLUG meeting in Universities and Colleges

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Oct 31 12:26:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, - Tethys wrote:

> > Free when capitalised may and, given context, should be a reference to it
> > being Free Software.
>
> The reference will be completely lost on the target audience, and so
> shouldn't be used. I agree, they could do with educating about it. But
> merely using a capital F will not do that, and just makes it look
> unprofessional.

The point of capitalisation is to specifically use an established
description - Free Software. To use the lower case leads to confusion with
free as in monetary consideration or lack thereof.

> Also, "Linux [...] has all of the applications you need". s/all/most/

Depends upon who you're talking about ;)

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98