[Gllug] Backup / failover for ADSL/ SDSL

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Oct 17 09:25:41 UTC 2006

hi guys,

We're looking for a backup solution at work for failover from SDSL
connections - and since ADSL will come from the same exchange, were sort
of hesitant to rely on that route as a backup.

Just wondering if anyone has ideas / knows about WiMax in the Kentish
Town area ?

The Metro-Ethernet does not seem to come anywhere near, making the cost
of a tap prohibitive.

We might consider ISDN BRI, but 2 channels is not going to be enough, is
PRI even an option these days ? Trawling through BT's website + talking
to $support at BT, I got $clue == 0.

And Cable/ntl is another option, but I am not sure how good/bad/reliable
they are. Way too many horror stories doing the rounds these days about
network outages, bad routing, dead lines etc.

Ideas and Comments welcome, and much appreciated.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk