[Gllug] Tesco takes on Microsoft in battle for software market

Leo Hickey hickey444 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 15:28:28 UTC 2006

> ...mumble mumble... sell OpenOffice for the price of the media...
> ...phone line support paid for by the minute... mumble mumble...
> ...missed opportunity....
> ....Fedora CDs free at the tills....

I think it would take a huge marketing effort to convince the public
that extremely cheap office software is pretty much as good as MS office
for their needs. It would be easier and more profitable just to sell it
for 20-odd quid and not bother with the marketing. My first thought was
that it was a great pity they didn't go for StarOffice, since Sun
contributes most of the development work for OOo.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk