[Gllug] Openview Service Desk Client

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Thu Oct 26 07:03:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 07:22 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> Hi chums,
>
> HP's website doesn't include any non-windows clients for connecting to
> HP Openview Service Desk.
>
> If I wanted to roll out Linux workstations in a team that uses
> Openview as its ticketing system, what would be the best solution to
> this issue?  I am thinking some kind of windows terminal server which
> ran the client?  Or some such thing?

We use OpenView at work and currently I use an RDP session to a Windows
machine to run Servicedesk

Citrix is also a possibility but I've heard that a native client is on
the way soon (Define "soon" as some point in time between now and the
expiration of the sun and the end of life as we know it)

Thanks

~sm