[Gllug] Zod (FC6) released

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Tue Oct 24 15:39:03 UTC 2006

Peter Cannon wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Internet slow? every man and his dog is downloading FC6, Official servers are
> falling over like nine pins and Fedora Forum is filling up nicely with
> install problems.
>
> How do these people get it within 10 minutes of its release and post issues to
> the Forum? I mean it takes at least 15-20 minutes to install the thing!
>
> Have fun

Hmm

I've just got my Fedora Core 6 VPS "booted" on a CentOS server using yum
to download minimal packages into

/vz/template/fedora-core/6/i386/yum-cache/fc6-base

Total size about 107MB (about 177 packages). It didn't seem to take very
long suprisingly.

[root at vm5 packages]# vzctl enter 6006
entered into VPS 6006
-bash-3.1# cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 6 (Zod)

I love virtualisation lol ;o)