[Gllug] SLES10 with Hitachi SAN

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Wed Oct 11 14:46:05 UTC 2006

On Oct 11, 02:06, Yashpal Nagar wrote:
> Hi All
> We have a HITACHI HDS Thunder 9585v SAN working with windows 2003 with
> HBA cards Qlogic ISP2312. The servers uses the storage for mysql database.
> Currently allocated LUN size is 50GB, used 20GB.
>
> We are discovering the possibilities to move it to SLES10 (SuSE Linux 10).
> I can see SLES 9 is supported: -
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=451433&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1120361&lang=en&cc=us
>

> Does anyone have used same, and see a issue, can we use same kit for
> SLES 10?

We use Pillar not Hitachi but we use Qlogic cards best place to check is
Qlogic and SuSE.

This may help a little

http://www.qlogic.com/documents/datasheets/interopguide/QLogic_interop_guide.pdf#search=%22Qlogic%20ISP2312%20sles10%22

This is why companies should open source there drivers and then everyone
can build drivers to suit their needs.

--
Peace Jim :-)

 No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will
 save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker.
 --Mikhail Bakunin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk