[Gllug] Advertising the next GLLUG meeting in Universities and Colleges

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 13:32:27 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 12:26, Philip Hands wrote:

> You can legally install a copy of Linux (grabbed from the net or a
>   friend) without worrying that you'll get someone from Microsoft
>   battering your door down in the middle of the night

And they have long memory's too
(AKA they don't mind how far back in the distant past you crossed the line).

About two years ago I guy turned up at our offices he was a solicitor employed
by Microsoft turns out we bought some hooky Win98 & 2000 cd's & Licenses five
years previously from a reseller in London of all places.

The solicitor had all the contact records from the supplier with mine and
three other members of staffs names against our comments, I have to say it
was very scary right up until the end when we just got a written warning.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
MSN:peter at cannon-linux.co.uk