[Gllug] System going into suspend mode

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 17:51:39 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 Oct 2006 13:58, Simon Perry wrote:
> Peter Childs wrote:
> > I'm running Ubuntu 6.06LTS
> >
> > Regually the machine goes into suspend, stops talking to the network
> > and will not do anything  until somone presses a key. (which you can't
> > really do if your not next to machine) This can be created by hitting
> > Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, which would normally restart X but seams to do
> > somthing else on Ubuntu.....
>
> Hi,
>
> Can't you just disable ACPI in the bios? I have 3 Ubuntu 6.06LTS
> machines none of which display the behavior you describe.

Worked for me!  The Ubuntu box here now appears to be the most stable of the
lot, with the exception of a venerable Debian Sarge box, belonging to my
brother.

I never really got on with Debian based distros (I started with Red Hat) until
I tried Ubuntu - I was curious after all the hype.  It's really very good, if
a little "simplified".  I still prefer RPM, however....

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk