[Gllug] [OT] FRITZ!Box Fon

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Oct 2 09:19:34 UTC 2006

Juergen Schinker wrote:
>> Note that ADSL in Germany is over ISDN rather than over analogue as here
>> so that device might not even work here (I may be wrong on that one but do
>> check before buying).
>  This is definitly not the case ,the main difference is
> that UK hast PPP over ATM and
> Germany uses PPP over Ethernet

afaict, the fritzbox seems to work with both standards, so i think we
should be ok :)

> i recommend to buy an old laptop and configure it as a router etc...

I'd like to use a conventional machine, rather than an appliance -
however, this is going into my parents place, where I really would
prefer if they didnt need to mess with a computer at all.

plus with a computer, I would still need an ata of some sorts, an adsl
modem, a router, cabling etc.

- KB

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk