[Gllug] OSS in schools

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sat Oct 14 12:49:47 UTC 2006

Simon Morris wrote:
> Forwarded on from the LUGMasters mailing list.

This is very interesting.  About 5 years ago, when I started Clues, one
of the first things we did was go to the Welsh education authority (I
forget their exact designation) and suggested we help them make better
use of OSS in schools.  The essence of their reply was "thanks, but
we're already using it, we just won't tell anyone that officially".

One thing we wanted to do was build a private mail system for schools so
that every single child and teacher would have an email address.  Shame
they decided not to go ahead with the project.

Seems they're coming out of the closet a little.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk