[Gllug] [JOB] Sysadmin/support tech @ The Salvage Association

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 14:14:45 UTC 2006

We've got a job going.

The official blurb is here:

http://www.wreckage.org/it/sysadmin-job.html

Basically, we're after someone who's interested in computing, with the
ability to turn their hand to anything. So long as you're motivated and
willing to learn & try new things to either improve what we have or
make life easier, it's worth applying. The role is flexible and you
will have a fair amount of freedom to pursue things which interest you.

The role will be at least 50% support of mostly non-technical users (a
mixture of marine engineers/master mariners and admin staff) with the
remainder to concentrate on general sysadmin chores and systems
development.

The job is interesting, can be busy at times, and IT's role here is
definitely appreciated as a service to the business. I've been here 3
years and I'm still happy.

I'll be at the Flag & Bell this evening (http://www.flag-and-bell.com/)
and probably London.pm on Thursday if you want to know more, otherwise
you can just drop me an email and I'll try and answer as much as I can.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk